What is the Deal?admin
What is the Deal?
The mutually beneficial Deal
- TheCAT will run the Braindump and teach you everything they know about the IT biz.
- You will attend all the Braindumps (they happen weekly and usually last 3-4 hours.
- The Braindump includes lectures, hands-on work in a sandbox, projects that can lead to production status and the ability to ascend up the CAT ladder based on your skills
- You will perform 4 hours of service on our front lines (or in some other capacity as your skills mature)
- You will attend the DOG meeting (prior to the start of the Braindump)
- The Braindump extends for over a year – in recent years it has been close to 16 months.
- The DOG meeting happens on Friday nights at 6pm
- Most Braindump tracks will have their dumps on Friday nights at 6:30pm
- If you are unable to make the Friday night commitment, you really can’t do the Braindump
What is covered in the Braindump?
- CAT administrivia
- User Services
- Platform Specific User Level Stuff
- Platform Specific System Admin Stuff
- App Development (web/db)
How much time will you need to put in?
- 4 hours of front desk (or project) duty
- 3-4 hours of Braindump every Friday night
- Half hour of DOG meeting every Friday night (usually folded into the Braindump)
- If you work your way into a team, there will be weekly team meetings
- For the practical portion of the Braindump, there will be time needed for projects (at least 3 hours a week when things get started but going up to unlimited, depending on how insane you are)